On March 27 and 28, the Commons Network will co-host a brainstorming-strategy meeting and a public event at the European Parliament (Brussels).
We are organising this event together with MEP Margrete Auken (Greens/EFA, DK) and the European Public Health Alliance (EPHA).
The discussions will be based on the Declaration by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe “Public health and the interests of the pharmaceutical industry: how to guarantee the primacy of public health interests?”
- Conflicts of interest
- Marketing and promotion of pharmaceutical products
- Professional training and education
- Knowledge of therapeutic value of medicines provided to professionals
- High cost of medicines and health-care
- Regulatory issues (adaptive pathways, EMA, clinical trials transparency)
- Value & outcomes debate and the links with Health Technology Assessment
- Alternative models of R and D, new models of biomedical innovation and incentives for public- health driven and affordable pharmaceutical development.
This meeting has four objectives:
- Raise awareness on ongoing policy debates & latest political developments in the access to medicines debate in Europe
- Identify threats and opportunities for advocacy, coordinated action & messaging
- Establish a flexible European network of doctors which prioritises the professionalism, the political efficacy and the ethical coherence of health-care professionals in the EU in favor of policies driven by public health needs and independent of conflicts of interest with the pharmaceutical industry
- Strengthen the voice and visibility of doctors and guarantee their views are taken on board in the ongoing policy discussions
- Monday, 27 March 2017 – Closed strategy & brainstorming meeting
European Parliament, room A5E-1, 14:00-18:00
- Tuesday, 28 March 2017 – Public event
European Parliament, room A5E-1, 12:00-14:00
2017-03-03 10:11:59 – Commonsnetwork